Mkdocs Obsidian is a combination of an Obsidian plugin and a Material mkdocs template that allows you to create a personal wiki site based on your Obsidian Vault.
It allows you to publish your notes on GitHub and customize the template to your liking.
- Wikilinks (
- File transclusion/embed, both wikilinks and Markdown links
- Obsidian callout and custom callout
- Folder notes and their citation
- Custom attributes
- Sharing state and custom folder hierarchy
- Mobile and desktop compatibility
- File mini preview on hover
- Graph view 🎉 (using Obsidian Tools)
Github actions & Obsidian’s plugin¶
- Install the plugins through Obsidian Community or BRAT
- Template your blog using the template and configure it.
- Configure the plugin options:
- Repo name
- Your GitHub username
- The GitHub token (available here)
- The share key
- Add the sharing key as
truein Obsidian’s note frontmatter
- Customize (or not) the folder options
- Run the commands through the file menu or commands palette.
For advanced configuration within Obsidian, see here
Quick blog installation tutorial¶
- Click on:1
- For Github Page: use this template
- For Netlify: use this template
- Use the name of your choice
- Click on Code → SSH; copy the link
- Run the following commands in your terminal:
Moreover, don’t forget to configure GitHub to allow push! Check here for information about setting up Git.
Alternatively, you can use the Netlify app to deploy your blog! Just click here:
Don’t forget to update the